Danish Dynamite Forum Index Danish Dynamite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

tory so athletes understa

View previous topic :: View next topic  
khm1997
Obviously not a member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:06 am    Post subject: tory so athletes understa Reply with quote

SALT LAKE CITY - Running isnt just an offensive cornerstone for the Phoenix Suns. It is also a matter of survival.The Suns often resort to small ball tactics to neutralize advantages taller teams have around the basket. Its one reason why Phoenix went small early and often against the Utah Jazz in the NBA preseason finale for both teams.We got to play scrappy, Suns guard Eric Bledsoe said. Were so small, we got to play scrappy and get out on the break. Too many teams are going to beat our numbers in the post. We just got to play scrappy.Scrappy play won the day for Phoenix. Isaiah Thomas scored 19 points off the bench and Goran Dragic added 18 points on 8-of-11 shooting to help the Suns close out the NBA preseason with a 105-100 victory over the Jazz on Friday night.Markieff Morris added 17 points for Phoenix (5-2), helping the Suns rally from a double-digit first half deficit to get the win. Gordon Hayward had 24 points and Alec Burks added 20 for the Jazz (5-3).Phoenix and Utah traded baskets throughout much of the third and fourth quarters. The Suns finally took a 97-91 lead with 2:47 left after Dragic hit a 3-pointer to end an 11-2 run.Utah cut it to a one-possession game when Hayward converted a 3-point play to make it 99-96 game with 51.7 seconds left. But Trey Burke missed a basket after a Morris turnover and Eric Bledsoe and Thomas each sank a pair of free throws to ice the game in the final seconds.The Jazz struggled in transition and it cost them down the stretch. Phoenix had a 20-8 edge in fast break points.Defensively, the Suns forced 21 turnovers and scored 22 points off Utahs miscues. They held the Jazz to 41.8 per cent (33-of-79) shooting from the field.Their physicality bothered us, Jazz coach Quin Snyder said. There was a point where we needed to run our offence with more force, if that makes sense. Get through and make more passes.Utah took control early in the first quarter with some timely scoring from Enes Kanter. Kanter hit two free throws and scored three baskets to spark an 11-1 run, putting the Jazz up 17-7 five minutes into the quarter.Phoenix cut into the lead once Kanter and the Jazz cooled down. Thomas and Gerald Green scored 3-pointers on back-to-back possessions late in the quarter to cut Utahs lead to 31-28.Utah rebuilt a double digit lead late in the second quarter when Hayward scored a three-pointer and a jumper on back-to-back possessions to put the Jazz ahead 49-37.We had turnovers early, Suns coach Jeff Hornacek said. We didnt play any defence in the first quarter. We just came out and exchanged baskets. Once we got after it a bit better, we forced some turnovers and was able to run. Were not a good enough team to be doing that for short stretches and get behind. We got to try and get after it all the time.Utahs second quarter cushion didnt last long. The Jazz shot just 5-of-17 (29.4 per cent) from the field during the quarter - opening the door for Phoenix to get back in the game.Utah scored one basket over a five minute stretch spanning the second and third quarters. Phoenix took advantage of the drought, scoring easily in transition.The Suns used a 10-2 run before halftime to cut Utahs lead to four and then opened the second half with three unanswered baskets. Morris scored a driving layup to finish the rally and give the Suns a 53-51 lead. It marked Phoenixs first lead since scoring the games first basket.Utah finally got going when Trey Burke drained a long jumper to ignite an 11-0 Jazz run. By the time Hayward ended the spurt with another jumper, the Jazz were back in front 62-55.TIP-INSJazz: Trevor Booker is becoming more adventurous on the perimeter. Against the Suns, he made his third 3-pointer of the preseason. This comes after Booker had just shot 1-for-10 from distance in his first four NBA seasons before signing with the Jazz. Booker plans on making 3-pointers a bigger part of his regular season repertoire too. I feel pretty confident right now, Booker said. I just got to keep working on it. Just repetitions. The more reps, the more comfortable I get.Suns: Phoenix rotated three point guards throughout the game with great success. Bledsoe, Dragic and Thomas all played at least 28 minutes - more than any other Suns player who saw action. Hornacek could continue to dabble with three point guard lineups in the regular season. It has drawbacks, but it also works out well at times. Its playing roulette there, Hornacek said. You never know whats going to happen. Markieff has to play big as a five, which is tough sometimes. But he did a great job of that. Isaiah was playing well. Goran was playing well. Eric was playing well. I was glad to get them out there.Burke and Gobert extendedUtah announced after the game that the team had picked up options for both Trey Burke and Rudy Gobert for the 2015-16 season. Both players are entering their second NBA seasons. Burke averaged 12.8 points, 5.7 assists and 3.0 rebounds as a rookie. Gobert posted averages of 2.3 points and 3.4 rebounds.Success in Salt LakePhoenix has won five of its last nine regular season games played in Utah. The Suns will get a chance to improve on that record when they return to the Beehive State on November 1.UP NEXTPhoenix hosts the Los Angeles Lakers in the regular-season opener Oct. 29.Utah hosts Houston in the regular-season opener Oct. 29. Ronald Darby Jersey . - In about six minutes, the Memphis Grizzlies had allowed their 23-point lead to be cut to seven. Herman Edwards Jersey . Although head coach Randy Carlyle jokingly wondered how much actual training Bolland got done while in London. "I dont know how much training goes on when you go back to the junior team that you played for so I wouldnt read too much into that," laughed Carlyle after the Maple Leafs were put through an up-tempo practice that concluded with a 10-minute bag skate on Thursday. http://www.cheapeaglesjerseyssale.com/?tag=brandon-graham-jersey-sale.ca. Hi Kerry, Welcome back! Im sure you heard Peter Forsbergs comments last week regarding Canadian referees in the gold medal game. Seems to me that he was questioning the integrity and impartiality. Rasul Douglas Jersey .Derrick Rose scored 23 points, and the Bulls pulled away from the Nets for a 105-80 victory on Wednesday night. Chicago held Brooklyn to 29 points on 26. Corey Clement Jersey .J. - Several people have collapsed in an overcrowded New Jersey train station while waiting in long lines to get to the Super Bowl.JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Russell Allen, a former linebacker with the Jacksonville Jaguars, will retire after suffering a concussion and a stroke in a game last December. Allen told MMQB.si.com he has a dead spot -- no bigger than a dime -- on his cerebellum. The cerebellum controls motor movement and co-ordination. The Jaguars released Allen last week after his personal physician consulted with Jacksonvilles medical staff before a scheduled physical. The Jaguars declined comment Tuesday, citing medical privacy laws. Allen, who lives with his wife and two--year-old son in San Diego, did not immediately return a message left on his cellphone. "I told my story so athletes understand you cant ignore head injuries," Allen posted on his Twitter page Tuesday. "If youre not sure you have one, then you do. Report it immediately." In the months after Allens initial stroke diagnosis, he saw three neurosurgeons. The last one advised Allen to quit playing football. Allen told MMQB he has struggled to pick up and grip hand-held objects -- doctors believe this will subside in time -- and will be on blood-thinning medication for the rest of his life. Allen hopes others will learn from his experience. "Guys talk about it all the time: Im all right; I just got my bell rung," he said.dddddddddddd"Ive had, maybe 10 times in my career, when for a second I felt woozy after a hit. And what Ive learned from this is that its not something to be overlooked. If it feels like somethings wrong, somethings wrong. I want someone to know my experience, so they can know when they experience something similar." Allen sustained the concussion and stroke in Week 15 against Buffalo after running into Bills centre Eric Wood several yards downfield. "It was strange because it was so routine," Allen said. "We hit, I got off the block, no big deal. "I felt something flash -- like they say when you get your bell rung. I didnt lose consciousness. I walked back to the huddle and finished the drive." Later in the game, though, Allen began having double vision on the sideline. He did not notify team trainers, instead asking teammate Paul Posluszny if his eye was OK. Allen had a headache after the game and again when he woke up the next day, which prompted him to tell the team. The Jaguars ordered an MRI and sent Allen home. That Tuesday, the Jags told Allen to meet a team physician at the emergency room. Allen was told he had suffered a stroke and had tests for three days at the hospital. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Nike Baseball Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Authentic Cheap NHL Jerseys Canada Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China NCAA Jerseys Cheap Nike NHL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Football Jerseys Store Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Jerseys NCAA China Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys ' ' '
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Danish Dynamite Forum Index -> Trading Post All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: