Danish Dynamite Forum Index Danish Dynamite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

so what happens in September doesn't have to

View previous topic :: View next topic  
panxing18
Obviously not a member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:44 am    Post subject: so what happens in September doesn't have to Reply with quote

Last year http://www.thecowboysfootballauthentic.com/tyrone-crawford-jersey-authentic , the Detroit Lions started 3-1 and didn't make the playoffs — define the season.The Lions better hope that's the case, because a loss at Dallas last weekend has them in a hole."There's a lot of work in front of us," first-year coach Matt Patricia said Monday. "I think we're learning a lot about our team. I think we see a lot of different things on the field. I would say these guys are tough, these guys work extremely hard. They will fight all the way to the end for 60 minutes."The Lions appeared to be rallying a bit when they beat New England two weekends ago, but Sunday's 26-24 loss to the Cowboys left them at 1-3.Detroit certainly looks more competitive now than it did in a 31-point loss to the Jets in the opener, but the reality is that the regular season is now 25 percent over, and the Lions are in last place in the NFC North.A huge home game with Aaron Rodgers and Green Bay looms this coming weekend — the first divisional matchup of the season for the Lions."He is an elite player, I think that goes without saying," defensive lineman Da'Shawn Hand said. "Everybody knows him, and they've got a great team."It's still fairly early, but dropping to 1-4 would put Detroit in a tough spot heading into its open date.The Lions have been outscored 59-17 in the third quarter this season. In all three of their defeats, they faced double-digit deficits entering the fourth.Detroit was down 20-10 after three periods Sunday, but eventually took a 24-23 lead on Matthew Stafford's 38-yard touchdown pass to Golden Tate with 2:17 remaining.Detroit's defense couldn't hold. Dallas drove into field goal range and made the winning kick on the game's final play."I think when you play in those types of games where you're kind of relying on last possession or it's coming down to the end when there's really no control in the game Womens Joe Looney Jersey , I would say you're kind of holding your breath," Patricia said."These are extremely good teams on both sides of the ball and good offenses that you have to face for us as an opponent. We obviously have an offense that can do a good job there at the end of the game of coming back but you don't want to be in that position."The Lions struggled to contain Ezekiel Elliott, who ran for 152 yards on 25 carries and had four catches for 88 yards and a touchdown.Meanwhile, Detroit couldn't build on its encouraging rushing performance against the Patriots . Rookie Kerryon Johnson ran for 55 yards and a touchdown against Dallas, but he had only nine carries."I think we have a lot of really good running backs and I think we try to use them appropriately. I think Kerryon played a significant amount of the game," Patricia said."We had two other running backs, plus we had a couple two-minute drives in there with some other personnel packages and things like that. So, there were quite a few reps in there for Kerryon."The Lions have allowed 157.8 yards rushing per game, the worst mark in the NFL through Sunday's games."We just have to get better. Get back in the meeting rooms, lock in, be on one accord, all 11 even the backups," linebacker Eli Harold said. "We just have to find out what is killing us in the running game obviously Youth Kavon Frazier Jersey , and just go from there."Re-live the first Cowboys win of the season with the best photos from Sunday night The first Cowboys win of the season is worth re-living over and over if we’re being honest. Jaylon Smith took it upon himself to share a few photos from the victory and they were pretty amazing.There were a lot of great photos from Sunday night, though. Check them out and enjoy.Scott Linehan looking pensive is weird to seeCowboys fans everywhere spent the time between the Panthers game and kickoff last Sunday chastising offensive coordinator Scott Linehan. Would he get more creative? Could he get more creative? Scott opened things up a bit early on, but he closed them tight afterwards. His offense did score the game’s most important touchdown to put the night away, but there’s still a lot of room to grow.Tim Heitman-USA TODAY SportsTavon Austin’s touchdown was a thing of beautyLinehan dialed up a big-time play to Tavon Austin early on, and the Cowboys executed it flawlessly. Tavon’s first catch as a member of the Cowboys at AT&T Stadium went for a touchdown. That’s a solid way to start.Tim Heitman-USA TODAY SportsPhoto by Tom Pennington/Getty ImagesBrett Maher is perfect at home so farAfter a rough start to his own Cowboys career in Carolina (that’s some alliteration), kicker Brett Maher made every single one of his attempts on Sunday night. Perfect score, is that good?Photo by Ronald Martinez/Getty ImagesThe Hot Boyz got served up some tacosThere were plenty of sacks to go around for the Cowboys against New York, a six pack of them at that. Taco Charlton hauled in his first sack at home this season and when he did he made sure to share with his friends.Tim Heitman-USA TODAY SportsJaylon Smith had his best game (and moment) as a CowboySee Eli Manning, hit Eli Manning, enjoy watching Eli Manning fall.Photo by Tom Pennington/Getty ImagesTim Heitman-USA TODAY SportsDak Prescott finally got to run aroundThe Cowboys actually utilized Dak Prescott’s running ability on Sunday night. It really happened. Here’s photographic proof. Photo by Tom Pennington/Getty ImagesEzekiel Elliott wasn’t going to be deniedThe aforementioned game-clinching touchdown was an impressive effort by the Cowboys. They fed Zeke, he ate, and then they all ate. That’s what they call a buffet.Matthew Emmons-USA TODAY SportsPhoto by Tom Pennington/Getty ImagesCheers to some more great photos next week.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Danish Dynamite Forum Index -> Trading Post All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: