Danish Dynamite Forum Index Danish Dynamite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ome a pair of

View previous topic :: View next topic  
khm1997
Obviously not a member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:11 am    Post subject: ome a pair of Reply with quote

CHICAGO -- The Cubs didnt want to see a championship celebration at Wrigley Field -- not if the other team would have been whooping it up. A late rally prevented that. Dioner Navarro hit a tiebreaking single in a three-run eighth inning, and the Cubs beat Atlanta 3-1 Saturday to keep the Braves on the brink of the NL East title. Atlantas magic number remained at one to clinch its first division title since 2005. Second-place Washington was rained out against Miami later Saturday. Either way, the Cubs didnt have to watch a celebration. "One day, hopefully, thatll be us and we can move forward from that," Travis Wood said. The Cubs are a long way from contention, of course. They have 90 losses and are last in the NL Central, with another brutal season coming to a finish. Not having to witness the Braves clinching was just one small victory. "It was nice not to have to see (a celebration) in person," manager Dale Sveum said. Starlin Casto singled off Kris Medlen with one out in the eighth, pinch-hitter Donnie Murphy singled against Scott Downs (2-1) and Anthony Rizzo hit a tying double down the left-field line. Navarro singled in the go-ahead run against David Carpenter, and Nate Schierholtz added a sacrifice fly. "They just made some good swings," Laird said. "Rizzo went out and got that ball, hit it down the line. Dioner hit that slider down and in. Youve got to tip your cap to them." Medlen held Chicago to one run and six hits in 7 1-3 innings after going 4-0 with an 0.98 ERA in his previous four starts. "Its tough, but Im a former bullpen guy, and I know how tough that job is," Medlen said. "The dudes do their best. Theyve carried us the entire year, so these things happen and nobody in this clubhouse is panicking at all or anything. Credit their pitcher with keeping the game close, too. (Travis) Woods having a great year. I felt it all game. I felt like it was in my hands, and the game was over. I had all the confidence in the world in myself and I just tried making pitches." Carlos Villanueva (7-Cool relieved Wood with two on and no outs in the eighth after Justin Upton doubled and Freddie Freeman walked. Villanueva induced a double-play grounder by Chris Johnson and a flyout by Evan Gattis. Pedro Strop struck out the side in the ninth for his first save in four chances. Atlanta went ahead in the fourth when Freeman walked and scored on Gattis single. But B.J. Upton also struck out looking with the bases loaded to end the rally. Wood settled down after that, allowing one run, five hits and four walks in seven innings with seven strikeouts. "I had pretty command of most my pitches, being able to locate my fastball and getting the cutter on their hands and get some early swings and some quick outs," Wood said. "Just that last inning kind of got away from me quick. I really wanted to go out there and finish it strong and maybe overtried a little bit and left a pitch over that Upton could hit and Freeman battled me." NOTES: Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez said OF Jason Heyward "was feeling great," a day after Heyward returned from the disabled list. Heyward was not in the lineup on Saturday after going 0 for 2 with a walk in his first appearance since breaking his jaw on Aug. 21 because of a broken jaw. ... The Cubs unveiled a logo to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Wrigley Field in 2014. It shows the ballparks familiar marquee and facade with "100 years 1914-2014." The logo, which will be featured as a patch on the teams home uniform next season, was submitted by Brandon Ort of New Bremen, Ohio, as part of a fan contest before the season. ... RHP Julio Teheran (12-8, 3.14 ERA) starts Sunday for Atlanta, with RHP Edwin Jackson (8-16, 4.75) pitching for Chicago. Antwaun Woods Jersey . -- Caris LeVert had 14 points and a career-high 11 rebounds for his first career double-double, and No. Wholesale Cowboys Jerseys China .m. ET, CBSOPENING LINE — Packers by 3RECORD VS. SPREAD — New England 7-4, Green Bay 5-5-1SERIES RECORD — Tied 5-5. http://www.cheapcowboysjerseyssale.com/?tag=chuck-howley-jersey-sale. Today, well look at five frontcourt players today, here from the Bay Area. 1. AMIR JOHNSON (Raptors): I cant figure out what the issue or problem is, but based upon what Im seeing, hes not right. Ezekiel Elliott Jersey . People familiar with the case told The Associated Press on Friday that arbitrator Fredric Horowitz could issue his decision this weekend. Joe Looney Jersey . A broadcast source said the deal is for five years. The agreement calls for a minimum of 17 regular-season games as well as the East and West Division finals being broadcast annually on ESPN, ESPN2 or ESPNEWS.CINCINNATI, Ohio -- Brayan Pena only wanted to spark a rally. He wound up deciding the game. Penas second career pinch-homer started Cincinnatis big eighth-inning rally and swept the Reds over the Milwaukee Brewers 8-3 Thursday night. The Reds hit three homers in all as they pulled within 6 1/2 games of the NL Central leaders. Tucker Barnhart led off the fifth with his first career homer. Todd Frazier added a two-run drive in the sixth off Marco Estrada, who gave up six hits and four walks in six innings. Pena had homered during a 9-4 loss to the Chicago Cubs on Wednesday night. He batted for Bailey with the score tied at 3 in the eighth and connected on the first pitch from Jim Henderson (2-1) for a two-run homer. "I was just thinking about driving the ball and hitting it hard somewhere," Pena said. "He got a pitch up and I was able to take advantage of it. I wasnt expecting a homer, but Ill take it." Cincinnati sent 11 batters to the plate while scoring five times during the inning against a bullpen that entered the series with the fourth-best ERA in the league. It had one very bad inning. "Theyre going to happen, no doubt," Brewers manager Ron Roenicke said. "Weve been good down there. We just werent good tonight." Homer Bailey (2-2) allowed eight hits in a season-high eight innings, finally returning to form after missing much of spring training with a strained groin. "This game was good for all of us," Bailey said. "Were fixing to turn things around. Weve had a lot happen already this year. This one showed were starting to come together as a group." Milwaukee has lost back-to-back games for only the second time this season. The Brewers havent dropped more than two in a row. Cincinnati opened the four-game series with another injury. Leadoff hitter Billy Hamilton sprained knuckles on his left hand while making a diving catch in centre field and will miss a few games. Hamilton stretched all out to reach Carlos Gomezs line drive that opened the game. He grimaced and flexed his left hand and wrist as he gott up.dddddddddddd Chris Heisey hit for him in the bottom of the inning. Hamilton hurt the middle finger on his left hand while sliding into base during the opening week of the season and missed two games. "Unfortunately, its the same hand that he hurt in New York," manager Bryan Price said. "Were optimistic that hell only miss a day or two, but we wont know for a day or two." Gomez stole a hit from Joey Votto in the bottom of the first, catching his fly at the top of the wall in centre. Votto pointed two fingers toward Gomez, who also stole a potential go-ahead homer from him for the final out in Milwaukees 4-3 win last July 8. Jean Segura singled in a run in the second, and Gomez doubled home a pair of two-out runs to tie it 3-all in the seventh. Milwaukee got two players back in the lineup, but outfielder Ryan Braun missed his fifth game because of a strained oblique. Braun is expected back this weekend. Segura returned at shortstop after being out of the starting lineup for four games because of an injury to his face. Third baseman Aramis Ramirez was back after missing two games with a sore left elbow and went hitless, extending his slump to 0 for 25. Outfielder Logan Schafer is eligible to return from the disabled list on Saturday, recovered from a strained right hamstring. For now, Roenicke is using Mark Reynolds in right field, a position the infielder played during spring training. NOTES: RHP Wily Peralta (3-1) faces RHP Mike Leake (2-2) in the second game of the series. ... The Brewers called reliever Rob Wooten. Milwaukees bullpen has thrown the fifth-most innings in the majors. Utility player Elian Herrera was optioned to Triple-A. ... The Reds put LHP Tony Cingrani on the DL with a sore pitching shoulder. Reliever Curtis Partch was called up from Triple-A. ... Closer Aroldis Chapman made his first rehab appearance, throwing one inning and fanning two batters at Class A Dayton. Hes recovering from a line drive off the forehead on March 19. He could be activated by the end of next week. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Nike Baseball Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Authentic Cheap NHL Jerseys Canada Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China NCAA Jerseys Cheap Nike NHL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Football Jerseys Store Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Jerseys NCAA China Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys ' ' '
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Danish Dynamite Forum Index -> Trading Post All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: