Danish Dynamite Forum Index Danish Dynamite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

es examination of whether to switc

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lw789
Obviously not a member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:39 am    Post subject: es examination of whether to switc Reply with quote

TAMPA, Fla. -- When the Tampa Bay Lightning defence left Dale Weise alone in front of the net for his Game 1 overtime winner, it was clear they didnt know he was once considered an offensive superstar. In the NHL, the Montreal Canadiens forward is a fourth-line grinder, but in a previous job he was no stranger to scoring goals. During last years lockout, Weise had 22 goals and 26 assists in 19 games for the Tilburg Trappers in the Netherlands. "Has anybody scored at that clip anywhere?" Weise said, leading to answers like Sidney Crosby and Wayne Gretzky. "Yeah, thats about it." Weise was the only NHL player to ever appear in the Eredivisie, the countrys top hockey league, earning the nickname "Dutch Gretzky" back in North America. That made the 25-year-old a star in the Netherlands, with people lining up for his autograph and Weise being unable to go to the grocery store without drawing attention. "It was awesome," Weise said Friday. "It meant a lot that I made that big of an impact on people in such a short time. "I gained as much from them as they did from me. There were great people there." Weises experience in the Netherlands mightve prepared him for some of the spotlight he got for being the playoff overtime hero. But he got a new cell number a couple of months ago so the onslaught of text messages wasnt as substantial as it mightve been. The goal itself was something Weise had scored countless times before, just fooling around in practice. In doing it for real, the Winnipeg native channelled a Hockey Hall of Famer. "I knew I was wide open and I saw it coming to me and my eyes got real big," Weise said. "I knew I wasnt going to miss from there. "I got down on one leg, the old Brett Hull, and I just ripped it." Fans in Tilburg saw it plenty of times, too. Weise was a fan favourite there, in part because of his dominant play but also because he became part of the community. "The way it works is a lot of guys on the team had jobs in the morning, so they would go do that and then wed practise in the afternoon," Weise recalled. "I had nothing to do, so they had a lot of childrens camps, so I pretty much went there every day. "My wife would go to the gym and it was right by the rink so Id just go and hang out with the kids. It was awesome. They loved it. It was a great experience." Life in the NHL is much different. Hockey for most players in the Netherlands was a hobby, he said, while this is the biggest stage. Weise, who grew up a Montreal fan and "probably scored that goal a million times in my driveway," said he didnt take any time consider his place in franchise history. "I went home and kind of forget about it," he said. Itll take some time to forget about Weise, even as the series progresses through Game 2 on Friday night and beyond. But whats most memorable for him is not just one goal but how getting traded from the Vancouver Canucks to Montreal gave him another opportunity. "I just feel like my career got rejuvenated," he said. "The coaches here believe in me, theyve had nothing but good things to say about me and look at the amount we were playing in overtime. "Its a coach that has some trust in me and that just instills confidence in me. I just feel like every game I play with this team I continue to build confidence and get better." B.J. Hill Giants Jersey . "Its amazing to do this coming from such a small island, where tennis isnt necessarily recognized as one of the main sports," Puig said. "Im just happy Im able to be here playing tennis not only for myself, but for my country too. Will Hernandez Giants Jersey . For one, he still gets to crank the intensity to the max. "I push pretty angry. I ran pretty angry too though, but I have fun doing it," Lumsden said. http://www.nygiantsproshop.com/authentic-kareem-martin-jersey.html. Never caused problems. Never raised a ruckus. Never got sick or hurt while frolicking in the fields of Claiborne Farm in Paris, Ky. Riley Dixon Giants Jersey . -- The Orlando Magic finally are showing the patience in critical moments that coach Jacque Vaughn has been waiting for all season. Jonathan Stewart Giants Jersey . Pospisil, whose season-ending goal is to improve his ATP Tour ranking enough to qualify for one of the 32 seedings at Januarys Australian Open, dominated Karlovic in 59 minutes. The world No. 40 never faced a break point and limited the big mans threatening ace count to a mere eight, while striking five key aces of his own. NEW YORK -- Major League Soccer hopes to place its next two expansion teams in Miami and Atlanta. "Were making progress in both of those markets. I wouldnt say were close," MLS Commissioner Don Garber said Tuesday ahead of this weekends championship game between Real Salt Lake and Sporting Kansas City. Former Manchester United, Real Madrid and Los Angeles Galaxy star David Beckham is leading the Miami effort and has the right to an expansion team at a discount fee of $25 million. "We are very excited about the opportunity of David putting together an ownership group and finalizing a stadium site in downtown Miami," Garber said. "We cant go to Miami without the right stadium solution. David understands that. The city understands that. That is an indisputable fact." New teams have been announced for 2015 in New York City and Orlando, Fla., increasing the leagues total to 21. MLS began with 10 teams in 1996, expanded to 12 and then contracted to 10 in 2002 when Miami and Tampa Bay were eliminated. "The Miami today demographically, socially, politically is very different from the Miami of 2002 where we folded the Miami Fusion," Garber said. "So we believe Miami could work if we get the right stadium situation. We dont have that yet." Falcons owner Arthur Blank heads the Atlanta venture, which would play at a new stadium for his NFL team, a venue scheduled to open in 2017. "Weve been working on a downsizing technology that we think would be unique, would be the only one of its kind anywhere in the world," Garber said. "Weve got to continue to work hard with Atlanta to see if this whole project makes sense for them. But I am encouraged by the discussions and hope to be able to finalize something." They would give the league 23 teams, one short of the leagues goal for 2020. Garber said Tuesday that Minneapolis, San Antonio, St. Louis and Austin, Texas, are among the possibilities for a 24th team. MLSs regular-season attendance average increased from 15,504 in 2006 to a record 18,807 last year before dropping slightly this season to 18,594. Garber said the league is spending more than $20 million annually on player development and must grow revenue. "Major League Soccer still loses money as an enterprise, and weve got to find a way that we can get closer to being a break-even enterprise," he said. The league receives an average of about $28 million annually from its national broadcast contracts with ESPN, NBC and Univision, which expiire after the 2014 season.dddddddddddd In the first season after Beckham left the Galaxy, regular-season ratings dropped from an average of 180,000 viewers to 170,000, according to Nielsen Media Research. However, viewers for the playoffs not including the final have increased from 240,000 to 270,000. "We did a heat map of the MLS broadcast schedule against that of the EPL, two other European leagues and the four other major leagues in this country, and you get dizzy looking at the MLS schedule," Garber said. "What we need to have is a consistent game of the week or games of the week that run from the beginning of year to the end of the year as much as we can at consistent times. And if that can be a Friday or a Saturday or a Sunday, that would be a positive." In its first season televising the English Premier League under a $250 million, three-year contract, NBCSN is averaging 429,000 for games televised in the U.S. mostly on weekend mornings. Nine games on NBC are averaging 788,000. "I think what NBC did for the Premier League is unprecedented in the history of pro sports. They really took the Premier League and made it as important as anything that was going on in the NBC Universal family, and its paying off in ratings and its certainly making economic sense for them," Garber said. "So if were able to create that kind of a scenario with a broadcaster, I think it would be beneficial for us." Garber also went into detail on the leagues examination of whether to switch its March-to-December schedule to the international calendar, which runs from August until May. MLS discussed playing from July until December, taking a break and finishing from late February until May. "Its not just about are we going to play a few more games in cold-weather markets at an earlier time of the year. Its about what do we do with an extended break, because I dont care what market it is, were not playing in February and in January in places like Toronto, Vancouver," he said. "We went through some fairly extensive discussions as a league to figure out if we could do this sometime in the future. It wouldnt have been for 14. But thats not something that were going to do in the short-term." He also promised more transparency in the leagues complex and opaque player control rules, which make if difficult at times to determine which teams control rights. "We are still evolving," he said. "and we still are doing some of this stuff on the fly." Cheap Chargers Jerseys Cheap Rams Jersey Cheap Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Vikings Jerseys Cheap Patriots Jersey Cheap Saints Jerseys Cheap New York Giants Jerseys Cheap Jets Jerseys Cheap Raiders Jerseys Cheap Eagles Jerseys Cheap Steelers Jerseys Cheap 49ers Jerseys Cheap Seahawks Jerseys Cheap Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Titans Jerseys Cheap Redskins Jerseys ' ' '
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Danish Dynamite Forum Index -> Trading Post All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: