Danish Dynamite Forum Index Danish Dynamite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

as important. "I t

View previous topic :: View next topic  
khm1997
Obviously not a member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:03 am    Post subject: as important. "I t Reply with quote

ARLINGTON, Va. -- Ryan Miller was simply brilliant at the 2010 Winter Olympics. He put the U.S. in a position to win silver and came within a goal of gold. The Buffalo Sabres goaltender was named tournament MVP after making 139 saves on 147 shots over six games. Not a bad, little run. His Olympic journey, however, may have ended there. Even though hes just 33 years old, potentially in the prime of his career, theres a chance he might not be at the Sochi Games. Miller has struggled to have success since the last Olympics for the Sabres, whose rebuilding efforts may include trading him with one year left on his contract. USA Hockey coaches and officials invited 48 players to this weeks camp because of their body of work or potential as a future Olympian, but management has made it clear how each player performs for their NHL club from October through December will be pivotal when the 25-man roster is revealed on New Years Day. "Ryan is well aware of that," general manager David Poile said Tuesday at the Washington Capitals training facility, as Team USA wrapped up a camp. Miller is one of six goalies in the mix and hes in a pack of perhaps four players vying for two spots behind Los Angeles Kings and Stanley Cup-winning star Jonathan Quick. "Its wide open," Miller acknowledged. That may be bad news for him. Jimmy Howard of the Detroit Red Wings, Craig Anderson of the Ottawa Senators and Cory Schneider of the New Jersey Devils might get the other two spots as Quicks backups. John Gibson, a 20-year-old prospect, was also invited to this weeks camp, but isnt expected to make the team. Miller made it clear what his goal is over the final months of 2013. "I want to make the team," he said. "I want to be the guy who is there stopping pucks in Sochi. I want to start." Miller started in each of the six games at the Vancouver Games and the only game he didnt finish was a 6-1 rout against Finland in the semifinals. His run included a spectacular, 42-save performance in a 5-3 win over Canada in the preliminary round. "It was the best two weeks Ive seen a goalie play in my lifetime," said Quick, who was the third goalie behind Miller and Tim Thomas in 2010. Quick, though, has perhaps been the best goalie on the planet the past two years. He lifted Los Angeles to a Stanley Cup championship in 2012 -- allowing an average of 1.41 goals a game during the playoffs -- and helped the Kings reach the 2013 Western Conference finals while giving up an average of fewer than two goals a game. During each of the last two postseasons, Quick had three shutouts. Quicks time, for the Americans, seems to be now. "What makes Quickie unique is his attitude," Kings and U.S. teammate Dustin Brown said. "Hell make a save he has no business making and then hell flip the puck out to the dot like it was just another save. His quiet arrogance trickles down and rubs off on guys." Miller is also relatively quiet, and has been mostly mum about the trade rumours swirling around him this off-season, but insisted he doesnt resent the fact that he appears to be on the trading block. "Thats the nature of sports," Miller said. "Its a transitional time in Buffalo. ... I think its still a feeling-out process about where I fit into that. I got one more year left and my intention is to be the best I can be. "I feel like I still have a lot of hockey left and feel like I can still play at a high level." The one puck Miller couldnt stop in 2010 that haunted him for a while was Sidney Crosbys wrist shot 7:40 into overtime that gave Canada the gold. "Its not a sore subject for me, anymore, but its definitely bittersweet," Miller said. "It was a lot of fun to play hockey at such a high level in a great place, where they respect hockey, but at the same time it wasnt the fairy-tale ending. You just have to trudge on and hope for your next opportunity." It will be up to Poile and his advisory group, which includes some other NHL general managers, to decide if Miller will get that chance in Russia. While every spot on the team is important, none will be more than who is in net. "We got to make the right decision," Poile said. "Because if we screw up on one up guy, that could be the difference between us winning and not winning." Rodney McLeod Jersey .com) - The Toronto Raptors set their sights on a second straight victory with the Oklahoma City Thunder visiting the Air Canada Centre tonight riding a two game streak of their own. Rick Lovato Jersey . We wonder if the price of a Roberts rookie card has at least gone up a few cents? Tribute Tweets #Padres Tony Gwynn had 287 career plate appearances against #Braves trio of Maddux, Glavine, & Smoltz, he hit . http://www.cheapeaglesjerseyssale.com/?tag=herman-edwards-jersey-sale. Forward Iker Muniain scored the winner in the 70th minute after Bilbaos incessant pressure recovered the ball and sparked a counterattack inside Barcelonas half. Neymar was once again tagged to pick up Messis goal-scoring duties, but when he wasnt frustrated by slippery footing Bilbaos defence got the better of him. Jordan Hicks Jersey . LUCIE, Fla. Jason Peters Jersey . Now, the hottest team on the ATP are pointing their sights on qualifying for the eight-team season finals in London next November. Pospisil has now established the year-end World Tour Finals as the benchmark for a breakthrough season, with Pospisil and Sock provisionally standing ninth.OAKLAND – There has been a quiet, building frustration in the Blue Jays clubhouse with Major League Baseballs new replay and challenge system. After Saturday nights 5-1 loss to Oakland, Torontos third-straight defeat at O.co Coliseum, Jose Bautista blew the lid off the simmering pot. First, the situation: With the Jays trailing 3-1 in the eighth, Jose Bautista was at the plate with two outs and Melky Cabrera on first base. Bautista doubled down the leftfield line off As reliever Luke Gregerson. Third base coach Luis Rivera waved Cabrera around third. Shortstop Jed Lowries relay throw to catcher Derek Norris was on the money and Norris swiped a tag at a sliding Cabrera. Home plate umpire Bill Miller, the man involved in Brett Lawries infamous helmet spiking incident two years ago, called Cabrera out. Manager John Gibbons challenged the play. It was close. The call on the field stood after a two-and-a-half minute review. The inning was over; the Jays wouldnt recover. "I dont really know which replay they were looking at but clearly they must have had a different video feed than the one we had," said Bautista. "Its pretty frustrating for you to battle as a team, keep the game close, for our pitchers to be doing what theyre doing, for us to keep grinding through games and facing some touch pitching and somehow be able to tie the game in the eighth inning, it all goes down the drain because somebody first, initially, made a bad call to begin with and then it gets upheld by God knows who in some room in New York supposedly." Bautista, the gathered media were about to find out, was only getting warmed up. "This whole replay thing has become a joke in my eyes," said Bautista. "I think they should just ban it, they should just get rid of it. I dont really understand the purpose of it but getting the right call on the field is not the purpose. Thats pretty obvious and evident. I dont know what kind of agenda the people that are doing the replays are on, what their plan is, what their purpose is, who theyre looking after. But obviously getting the right call on the field is not what theyre doing." There are those in the organization whove expressed quiet frustration at other challenges and reviews that havent gone the Jays way. Another recent example: Last Wednesday against Milwaukee when Munenori Kawasaki was called out at first base on a groundball to Brewers shortstop Jean Segura. Seguras throw pulled first baseman Jonathan Lucroy off the bag. Lucroy spun and attempted a tag on Kawasaki. The call was upheld despite evidence to the contrary. Baseball is cycling umpires through the so-called replay war room in New York City. When a play is challenged, the on-field umpire is getting on the headset and talking to a colleague. Regardless of what is the reality, the perception is increasing that umpires are watching out for umpires. Count Bautista in that camp. "I feel like there was a chance for Adam Lind to tie the game in the eighth inning (that) was taken away from us," said Bautista. "Man on second, two outs, 3-2 ballgame, we were right in it. Unfortunately some people, I dont know what the right word is, lack of integrity, lack of accountability, or some really good camaraderie that are looking after each othher, are not doing what theyre supposed to be doing.dddddddddddd Because getting the right call on the field, which is why instant replay was instituted, is not the purpose of whats happening. The best evidence is what happened today." Bautista surely will be fined for his outburst and his comments reflect a growing frustration with the clubs play. The Jays are 9-18 since hitting their season high-water mark of 38-24 on June 6. A six game lead in the American League East has turned into a deficit. Following Saturdays loss, Toronto is a full game back of the Baltimore Orioles for first place. The team is dealing with injuries, the latest suffered by Edwin Encarnacion (story here: http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/story/?id=456550). Brett Lawrie has a fractured right index finger and likely wont be back until August. Bautista is playing with a sore hamstring and Adam Lind is playing with a bruised right foot. REYES ON TRADE MARKET Shortstop Jose Reyes weighed in to TSN.ca about Oaklands acquisition of pitchers Jeff Samardzija and Jason Hammel in Fridays blockbuster trade with the Chicago Cubs. "Its good for Oakland," said Reyes. "They got very good two pitchers. Samardzija, hes been one of the best this year. To go along with what they have, I mean thats huge for them. That means theyre pushing and they want to go all the way." Judging by the package the Athletics sent to Chicago (2012 first round pick, SS Addison Russell; 2013 first round pick, OF Billy McKinney; P Dan Straily and a player to be named later) its clear the Blue Jays couldnt match unless they were willing to part with a young pitcher off their major league roster. Starting pitching may not be Torontos priority, anyway. The staff has held up well through more than a half the season. An infielder, a second baseman or a third baseman, and bullpen help are just as important. "I think he knows what we need," said Reyes. "As a player I need to worry about doing my job. Our GM, hes got a job to do so I dont want to get involved in that and get involved in his decisions. Of course, our front office knows what we need. Its no secret to no one." GIBBONS: BUEHRLES AN ALL-STAR Mark Buehrles skipper thinks his left-hander should be in Minneapolis on July 15 for the All-Star Game. "Yeah he should be an All-Star, no question. No doubt," said manager John Gibbons. Buehrle (10-6) often jokes about luck and how its the determining factor in whether hes successful. After a 10-1 start to his season, Buehrles dropped his last five decisions and is winless in six-straight starts. Look closer, though, and youll see hes still pitching well. Four of Buehrles last six starts, the winless span, have been quality starts (six or more innings, three or fewer earned runs against). Buehrles ERA, in 121 1/3 innings this season, is a stellar 2.60. ITS A CRUEL BUSINESS How is Tommy Milone feeling right now? The As left-hander tossed six innings of shutout ball against the Blue Jays on Friday and had a record of 6-0 with a 2.62 ERA over his last 11 starts dating back to May 9. On Saturday, Milone was optioned to Oaklands Triple-A affiliate in Sacramento to make room on the active roster for newly-acquired starting pitchers Jeff Samardzija and Jason Hammel. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Nike Baseball Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Authentic Cheap NHL Jerseys Canada Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China NCAA Jerseys Cheap Nike NHL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Football Jerseys Store Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Jerseys NCAA China Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys ' ' '
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Danish Dynamite Forum Index -> Trading Post All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: