Danish Dynamite Forum Index Danish Dynamite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

net goal in the final minute. Dallas had

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lw789
Obviously not a member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:57 am    Post subject: net goal in the final minute. Dallas had Reply with quote

LAS VEGAS, Nev. - Former professional wrestler C.M. Punk has signed a multi-fight deal with the UFC, and he intends to make his mixed martial arts debut in 2015.C.M. Punk is the stage name of 36-year-old Phil Brooks, a career pro wrestler who became one of the WWEs biggest stars in recent years before falling out with the company.Although Brooks has gym experience in Brazilian jiu-jitsu and other martial arts with a member of the vaunted Gracie family, he has never fought an MMA bout. That didnt deter him from signing with the worlds dominant MMA promotion, and UFC President Dana White welcomes the publicity and pay-per-view sales to be generated from Brooks arrival.It was actually a really easy decision to make, and time will tell how wise a decision it was, Brooks said. I finally found something I can put 100 per cent of myself into. ... Im a guy who likes goals and challenges, and this is the biggest challenge Ive ever put in front of me.White announced the deal during the UFC 181 pay-per-view show, making sure the promotions biggest fans heard about the move first. The year has been difficult at times for the UFC, with several injured champions, a crowded schedule and the extended absence of longtime mainstays, including Anderson Silva and Georges St. Pierre.The UFC clearly needs new, marketable stars, and the loquacious Brooks will be must-see TV if hes able to compete.Were going to give him an opportunity, White said. Hes been training a lot in mixed martial arts, and were going to give him a shot. This guy can definitely sell some units.White believes Brooks will be ready for a fight in roughly six months, although Brooks still hasnt decided where hell train for his debut. Brooks is curious whether he can cut weight to the 170-pound welterweight limit, but might start as a 185-pound middleweight.Brooks recognizes the hubris inherent in starting an MMA career in his mid-30s, but the combination of the challenge and the UFCs financial offer was irresistible.I respect everybody thats stepped into the cage, and before Im done here, everyone will respect me as well, Brooks said. People close to me know how long Ive talked about doing this. This isnt so much about UFC. Its about me, and what I know I have inside of me. I want to prove to people and to myself that this is something Ive thought about for a long time and I want to do.The UFC realizes the publicity value of signing pro wrestlers with a modicum of MMA skills. Famed pro wrestler Brock Lesnar became the UFCs biggest pay-per-view star when he entered the promotion in 2008, bringing millions of fans from the staged entertainment to actual athletic competition.Lesnar defeated Randy Couture and held the UFCs heavyweight championship for nearly two years, defending it three times. After two losses and a bout with diverticulitis, he returned to pro wrestling in 2012, even beating Brooks in a WWE show last year.You hear positive and negative things about Brock, but if somebody is going to compare me to Brock Lesnar, Ill gladly take that, Brooks said. I think Im a little cuter.Brooks performed in the WWE from 2011 until early this year, when he left the company with some acrimony. Brooks confirmed he is finished with pro wrestling.As for his decision to start in the UFC instead of honing his skills in a smaller promotion, as Lesnar did, the veteran showman is pragmatic about his value.The big business is your first fight, Brooks said. Win, lose or draw, if I fought somewhere else, maybe a little bit of the lustre would have gotten knocked off. This is very much a business as well as fighting. Theres both sides of it, and I think it merged perfectly. This is something that Im doing for myself, to test myself. Its not all about the money, but its also nice to get paid. Alfred Blue Jersey . -- Aaron Rodgers isnt out for revenge in Green Bays season opener. Derek Newton Jersey . Blackhawks RW Patrick Kane came up big when it counted, tallying two goals and an assist. He scored the game-winner with 4:45 remaining in the third period, stopping on the right hashmarks, carrying the puck up through the top of the Kings zone, then firing a wrist shot from the top of the circles past Jonathan Quick, who had his view obstructed by Andrew Shaw. http://www.thetexansfootballpro.us/texans-j-j-watt-super-bowl-jersey-authentic/. Kyle Denbrook, a soccer player from Saint Marys University, took the CIS male athlete of the week honour. Stanley, a fourth-year business administration student from Charlottetown, scored both goals in a 2-0 win over Dalhousie on Friday and tallied again in a 1-0 win over Saint Marys on Sunday. Stephen Anderson Jersey .com) - Hassan Whiteside scored 20 points with nine rebounds in the Miami Heats 83-75 win over the Boston Celtics on Sunday. D.J. Reader Jersey . Gorges is believed to have suffered the injury while blocking a shot with a hand during Montreals win over the Toronto Maple Leafs on Saturday. The Canadiens added to their defensive depth this week by acquiring veteran Mike Weaver from the Florida Panthers.DALLAS -- Jamie Benn brought his golden touch to the ice for the Dallas Stars. The Canadian Olympian had a goal and two assists to lead Dallas to a 4-1 victory over the Carolina Hurricanes on Thursday night. Kari Lehtonen made 29 saves for Dallas (28-21-10), which moved back into eighth place, the final playoff spot, in the Western Conference. Tyler Seguin, Brenden Dillon and Cody Eakin also scored for the Stars. Dallas scored two of its goals short-handed in regaining the momentum it had with a 6-1-2 record in the nine games before its 19-day Olympic break. While most of Dallas players hadnt been in a game for 2 1/2 weeks, Benn took on penalty-killing duties for Canada in the Olympics. "The more you penalty kill, the more comfortable you are with it," he said. "Ive got quite a bit of penalty-killing time lately and a lot more tonight, so I feel comfortable out there. I thought our group did a great job on the kill tonight and keep building off that." Benn looked completely at home on the penalty kill late in the second period he took the puck away in the Dallas end, skated the length of the ice, faked Hurricanes goalie Anton Khudobin to his left and put the puck behind the goalie to his right. "Every once in a while, (Benn) comes out with some magic and great skating," Kari Lehtonen said. "He makes highlight-reel goals and great passes." Seguin scored 3:18 into the game, and Dillon gave Dallas a 2-0 lead with a short-handed goal at 6:13 of the first. Benn, who scored two game-winning goals for Canadas gold medal-winning team, assisted on both. "Any time Jamie Benn is going up the ice, youve got to expect a goal," Dillon said. "He just keeps proving every game and every day that hes one of the best players in the world. I think after the Olympics everybody knows that. He just keeps getting better and better." On Dillons goal, the Stars penalty killers skated in two-on-two, but one of the Hurricanes had broken his stick. Benn dropped a pass at the top of the slot to Dillon, who shot into the left side of the net. Carolina coach Kirk Muller rued the Hurricanes poor start. "We werent happy with our first period tonight," he said. "When you give a team like that the opportunity and advantage its hard to come back." The Hurricanes had allowed only two shhort-handed goals, fourth-fewest in the league, in their first 58 games.dddddddddddd "We really very seldom get scored on on the power play," Muller said. "Its a couple of mistakes early on that cost us." Lehtonen played for bronze medal-winning Finland in the Olympics. Valeri Nichushkin, whose backhand pass set up Seguins goal, played for Russia. "I thought (Lehtonen) gave us some real big saves, timely saves," Stars coach Lindy Ruff said. "He kept them off the board for the first 40, and in the third he made a few more quality saves." Benn, the Stars captain, said all of his teammates appeared ready. "A little rusty I guess, maybe a little tired sometimes, but I thought our team came out great," he said. "They took care of their bodies over the three weeks and were ready to go tonight." Eric Staal scored for Carolina at 2:42 of the third period. Eakin had an empty-net goal in the final minute. Dallas had finished the first period with an 11-10 advantage in shots on goal, and had an 11-8 advantage in shots in the middle frame. "In the third, we started playing a little bit better, but it was too late," Hurricanes centre Elias Lindholm said. "I dont think we were ready to go from the beginning." Carolina, which had returned to the ice Tuesday against Buffalo, took the first eight shots of the third period, including Staals 16th goal. Andrej Sekera recorded his 100th career assist on the goal. The Stars have 66 points, one more than ninth-place Vancouver. Carolina has lost five of its last seven games. NOTES: Dillons six goals this season include two of the Stars seven short-handed scores. . The Hurricanes had allowed two short-handed goals in their first 58 games. . Carolina forward Alexander Semin, a Russian Olympian, left Thursdays game because of a lower-body injury. Muller said, "Its tough because hes been our hottest forward in the last 15-20 games." . Seguin has 12 points (four goals, eight assists) in his last nine games. . Benns gold medal and Lehtonens bronze from the Olympics were on display. Fans could have their pictures taken beside the medals. . Carolina was 0 for 5 with a man advantage. The Hurricanes havent scored in their last 22 power plays (six games) on the road. . The Stars have allowed only 13 goals in their last 10 games. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Danish Dynamite Forum Index -> Trading Post All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: